Mobilegeddon – Mobile Responsive Websites
Google has made significant changes that could affect your rankings.
Google has introduced a new algorithm that gives priority to websites that are mobile friendly.
Websites that are not compatible with smart phones and other mobile devices could drop in the rankings.
Some commentators are describing the affect this could have on websites as Mobile-geddon, with websites that have been ranking well dropping way down the listings.
If you have an older-style website that is not mobile compatible we strongly recommend you change to new Fatweb design with mobile compatibility so your website maintains its ranking.
A mobile website it not only vital now to get you ranking well on Google but is essential for all businesses:
• Google research has found more than half of all NZers own a smart phone (and this figure is constantly increasing) and 74% of them have researched a product or service from their device
• Almost 9 out of 10 smart phone owners have searched for local businesses or services using their mobile device, 85% have taken action as a result, contacting the business, visiting in person or buying online.
• A growing number of people are using their phones rather than their computer to search for businesses and services
• Visitors to NZ, or people visiting from out of town often use their phones to find local businesses and services, particularly useful for motels, vehicle rental firms, restaurants, retail shops etc
• People use their phones for quick reference, such as finding your phone number or address.
If you don’t have a website that is compatible with mobile devices contact Fatweb to discuss how we can upgrade you site, make it mobile friendly and keep you up in the rankings on Google